HOW EFFECTIVE IS HOMEOPATHIC THERAPY FOR DIABETIC REGULATION?
Diabetes, also known in medical terminology as Diabetes Mellitus, describes a group of metabolic diseases in which the person inflicted has high blood glucose (blood sugar), due to inadequate insulin production or due to incapability of body’s cells to respond properly to insulin, or both factors. Patients with high blood sugar will typically experience polyuria (frequent urination), they will become thirsty and hungry.
Some useful facts on Diabetes:
India is the Diabetes capital of the world. More than 50 million people are suffering from Type-2 Diabetes. According to a World Health Organization (WHO) report on Diabetes, an estimated 3.4 million deaths are caused due to high blood sugar.
- In Type – 1 Diabetes – the body does not produce insulin. Approximately 10% of all Diabetes cases are Type:1
- In Type -2 Diabetes – the body does not produce enough Insulin for proper function. Approximately 90% of all cases of Diabetes worldwide are of this type.
- Gestational Diabetes- This type affects females during pregnancy.
Patients suffering from Type 1 diabetes should follow healthy eating habits, adequate physical exercise and take insulin to lead a normal life. Patients suffering from Type 2 Diabetes also need to follow healthy eating, oral medication to control blood glucose levels.
Homeopathy treatment could be effective form of treatment for Diabetes depending on the general health, progress of disease, complications, organs effected etc.
Some of the approaches of controlling Diabetes through Homeopathy are:
- Blood Sugar Management Cephalandra Indica, Syzygium Jambolanum, Phosphoric Acid, Uranium Nitricum are used in Homeopathy to control Diabetes. They are used in physiologically active does such as Mother tincture, 3x (depending upon the level of blood sugar and the requirement of the patient).
- Holistic and Individualistic Treatment Homeopathy does not treat pathological effect of the disease per se. The emotional, mental and physical irregularities or peculiarities are taken into consideration by the homeopath. There is a defined philosophical approach in each of the above areas and therefore Homeopathy in true sense is called the Holistic system of medicine.
- Constitutional Treatment Proponent of Homeopathy Hahnemann has stressed more importance to the patients past and family history to understand the genesis of illness and prescribe constitutional medication. If patients with Diabetes take the constitutional remedy suggested by Hahnemann, it will not only help to control his sugar metabolic process, but also the tissue to absorb and assimilate sugar and try to make other organs to function perfectly.
- Promotive approach to Diabetes Type 2 Diabetes can be prevented by modifying your lifestyle. Some of the easy tips are: Reduce the consumption of sugar, fatty acids and alcohol in your diet. Eat Fiber rich foods like whole grains, pulses and reduce your intake on oil and fried foods. Avoid sitting in same position for longer duration in your workplaces. Practicing Yoga, take short breaks and indulging in household chores will keep yourself active and fit.
NOTE: Please ensure you take medicines after consulting a qualified Homeopath. Do not take selfmedication at any cost.